- Lemon Juice and Sugar - Lemon juice holds a Ph that prevents bacteria from attacking the flower. Sugar on the other hand provides food that the plant needs to survive. Change every 3-4 days.
- Citrus Soda - 7up, sprite, or any other citrus soda as long as it is not diet will work! Mix it with 2/3rds part water. Change everyday.
- Apple Cider Vinegar - Increase the health of your flowers while keeping bacteria under control. Mix it with some sugar and water to dilute. You can also use white vinegar instead of apple cider vinegar just add more sugar. Change this every few days.
- Copper Penny - Add a penny or two and a teaspoon of sugar. The copper in the penny will help to provide acid for your flowers and prevent growth of bacteria.
- Crushed Aspirin - Slightly less effective but still works! Crush aspirins in your water with an equal amount of sugar. Aspirin will increase Ph. One way to get ride of your aspirins that are out dated.
- Vodka - as much as we may need it some times, it seems are beautiful flowers do too! Concoct a cocktail of vodka diluted by half, and sugar. Change everyday....or until you run out of vodka.
Additional tips include: Trimming the ends once received before putting in water and every 3-4 days after. Cutting off leaves below water line. Keep them in a cool place and away from direct sunlight and heat. Add a little bit of bleach to any of the processes above.
Find some beautiful flower vases and planters on our shopping site